Guaranteed Irish hosted a roundtable event at the InterContinental Hotel on Friday 10th May, focused on developing the knowledge economy and positioning Ireland as a world leader in the provision of professional services – spanning the legal, tax, financial and regulatory sectors.
The invitation-only event brought together Guaranteed Irish members and business leaders from across the professional services and fintech space, as well as government representatives, to identify the opportunities for Irish business to lead in innovation and technology.
The speakers provided key insights into how Ireland can continue to provide ‘best in class’ professional services and the importance of promoting the sector as a key driver of the economy at a local and international level.
The event featured contributions on a range of topics from political and industry leaders, including:
- Finding opportunities for Ireland in a new Europe – Frances Fitzgerald TD
Former Tánaiste and MEP candidate Frances Fitzgerald discussed how Ireland can best equip itself to thrive in a changed European landscape following the departure of the UK from the EU
- Innovation and infrastructure in the financial services sector – Carin Bryans, JP Morgan Ireland
Carin Bryans is Senior Country Officer with JP Morgan, and provided an insight into Ireland’s financial infrastructure from the perspective of leading multinationals in the country
- Working with Irish businesses to create flexible talent solutions – Anne Heraty, Cpl Resources Plc
CEO at Cpl Resources Anne Heraty assessed how businesses in Ireland can attract and retain high-quality staff
- Building on Ireland’s payment success stories – Gary Conroy, Transfermate Global Payments
Gary Conroy is CPO at Transfermate, and discussed the future prospects of Ireland’s booming financial transactions sector
- Professional services expertise and Ireland’s aviation sector – Paul Brandon, Irish Aviation Authority
Head of Corporate Affairs Paul Brandon discussed the role of world-class legal, tax, financial and regulatory expertise in driving Ireland’s aviation sector
- Attracting Irish Executives Abroad – Ruth Curran, Merc Partners
Ruth Curran is Managing Partner at executive search specialists Merc Partners. She described how addressing Ireland’s income tax structure will be central to attracting Irish executives abroad to return to the country
Interested in learning what Guaranteed Irish can do for your business? Email us at email@example.com or call us on 01 661 2607 today.