Viatel’s Damien McCann brings a wealth of experience to Guaranteed Irish.
Tuesday September 17th, 2019: Guaranteed Irish, the business membership network championing 600+ homegrown and indigenous businesses in Ireland, has appointed Viatel’s Damien McCann to its Board of Directors.
Damien McCann, a Dundalk native and Director of Sales & Marketing, has progressed through the ranks at Viatel, the leading Irish cloud and technology company and has developed a wealth of experience helping indigenous Irish companies and multinationals around cloud, security and telecoms strategies. In 2016 Damien took over as the Director of Sales and Marketing for Viatel Ireland, an integral member of the leadership team tasked with transforming Viatel direction and quickly disrupting the traditional telecoms market in Ireland. Damien is a strong ambassador for broadband and use of technology in rural Ireland and has been heavily involved in rural initiatives to fund and develop local rural community hubs for local small business and community enterprise across Ireland. Damien’s experience in the technology industry will lead him to spearhead the development of the Guaranteed Irish network in the technology sector in Ireland.
Members of Guaranteed Irish benefit from the expertise and collective experience of its Board of Directors, currently comprised of senior Irish industry and business leaders such as:
- Martin Kelleher, Managing Director, Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland
- Carmel Logan, Tax Partner, KPMG Ireland
- Orlaith Blaney, Chief Communications and Marketing Officer, Ervia
- Mark Keller, Head of Sales and Marketing, Dairygold
- Paddy Kelly, Managing Director, Tegral Building Ltd.
- Ger Brennan, Managing Director, MSD Ireland
- Michael Jackson, Managing Partner, Matheson
Guaranteed Irish is one of Ireland’s most enduring, recognisable and authentic symbols. The Guaranteed Irish symbol helps Irish consumers identify products and services that are a better choice for jobs and local communities in Ireland. Businesses that have been awarded the Guaranteed Irish mark have fulfilled the following criteria:
- People & Jobs: Businesses that provide quality, sustainable jobs for people living in Ireland.
- Place/ Provenance: Businesses that genuinely operate and add value in Ireland.
- Enterprise & Community: Businesses that meaningfully engage with the local communities in which they are based.
Brid O’Connell, CEO of Guaranteed Irish, says: “Our Board of Directors plays a crucial role in ensuring that Guaranteed Irish remains the symbol of trust and provenance for businesses operating in Ireland today. Damien brings with him a wealth of professional and personal experiences of working with a variety of Irish-based companies and we are delighted to welcome him to Guaranteed Irish. Damien’s extensive knowledge of the technology industry in Ireland will prove to be a valuable asset to our Board of Directors, as we look to expand further into this sector and uphold the high level of integrity associated with the Guaranteed Irish brand.”
Altogether, Guaranteed Irish has a network of 600+ members nationwide across various sectors, supporting over 71,390 jobs with an annual combined turnover of €11.2 billion to the Irish economy.