Maria Byrne was elected to the 25th Seanad in 2016 and was previously elected to Limerick City and County Council in 1999 to represent the Limerick City West Electoral Area. Maria served as Mayor of Limerick from 2010 to 2011. She is the current Government Seanad Spokesperson on Education and Skills and is a member of the Joint Oireachtas Education & Skills Committee. Prior to her election to the Seanad, Maria was previously a self-employed trader operating in Limerick City Centre. Maria was appointed the Fine Gael Director of Elections for the Directly Elected Mayor Plebiscite in April 2019. She successfully led the campaign for the introduction of a Directly elected Mayor of Limerick. Maria is the current Fine Gael General Election candidate for the Limerick/North Tipperary Constituency.
Our Guaranteed Irish Preparing for Brexit Breakfast Briefing takes place in Clayton Hotel, Limerick on Wednesday October 23, 2019 from 8.00am – 10.30am.
Top speakers participating in our panel discussion include:
- Colm O’Brien, Managing Director at Carambola Kids
- Miriam Magner Flynn, Managing Director at Career Decisions
- Mary Considine, Acting CEO at Shannon Group plc.
- Senator Maria Byrne, Seanad Spokesperson on Education & Skills
- Dr Mary Shire Director of Strategic Alliances, University of Limerick
- David Conway, CEO at Limerick 2030
Moderator: Brid O’ Connell, CEO at Guaranteed Irish
Date: Wednesday October 23, 2019 Venue: Clayton Hotel, Limerick Time: 8 – 10.30am
Registration, light breakfast & networking from 8am.
Places are limited. Please register via eventbrite or email email@example.com today.