Twelve ‘fast fix’ recommendations to improve the User Experience (UX) for Guaranteed Irish members and increase sales this Christmas.
www.GuaranteedIrishGifts.ie was launched as a portal in October in response to a desire from consumers to support Irish businesses and jobs from “one site”. They want a one-stop shop that is authentic and trustworthy where they can support multiple makers and producers.
The portal is simply a gateway to your site for consumers- in order to inspire people to buy from your site it must be easy. Here are a few tips, I hope will help you attract more business.
Here are some tips you can improve on today and increase your sales.
- Bring your website Up to date with the Guaranteed Irish logo on home page (such as top right hand corner). People are looking for this currently. Contact email@example.com for this if you have lost your original link to the artwork.
- Use the current Guaranteed Irish logo- do not use the old logo (take the old logo down).
- Put the Guaranteed Irish logo on your products where appropriate and approved- if in doubt drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for clarity.
- Remove contradictory logos- Butterfly/ lovehearts/Tricolour- these do not mean the same thing as Guaranteed Irish and confusion is leading to distrust with your website and of course this results in a lost sale.
- The Guaranteed Irish current logo delivers the message of ‘Trust and /Provenance/Irish’- use this in your messaging and across your social platform messaging.
- Link, tag and connect with Guaranteed Irish across all the social platforms you are using- we will share and amplify your message to drive additional interest to your site. We have a team to spot everything connected with us- their job is to amplify a members story- but you must tag us to let us know.
- Your website needs to be compatible across all devices- most of them are impossible to shop on by phone- which is what people use the most.
- Contact your web designer to ensure it is compatible across all devices. If they say it costs a lot of money and time- it is not true. You need a web site builder who you trust and can act quickly and regularly.
- Use strong but compressed images that do not slow your site down- speed is everything.
- Be consistent in your messaging
- Have an easy way to pay- ecommerce is so easy now with stripe, paypal etc- make it easy to check out and reduce the clicks for the consumer.
- Shipping costs- can you review and reduce these? Many of your international competitors are offering ‘free shipping” and building the costs into their product price. I am not sure you can do anything about this but shipping costs are prohibitive and not commercially competitive.
By Brid O’Connell, CEO, Guaranteed Irish.