Do you love planning and running events? Do you have a passion for business development and relationship management? Would you like to work with a national brand which represents 1,600+ leading companies in Ireland?
You’ll work closely with our existing Events, Marketing, PR, Digital and Sales Executive team at our office in Dublin 2 to manage our calendar of events, national awards, member training through our CRM, Hubspot. Your goal will be to help us continuously improve our events offerings to retain our current membership and grow our membership network.
This position will suit an events professional with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience, with a business development focus and a strong work ethic. This presents an ideal opportunity for someone who wants a chance to prove they can work for a National organisation off their own initiative and is interested in learning and progressing up the career ladder quickly.
- Research, plan and execute the Guaranteed Irish calendar of events to grow our membership network and retain existing members
- Liaise with and manage external event co-ordinators
- Manage the inaugural national business awards on behalf of Guaranteed Irish.
- Utilise events to create a desire to seek out information on and applications for membership
- Capture valuable leads from events and enter into the CRM system, contributing to the sales pipeline
- Send event invitations and information to members and non-members using Mailchimp and Hubspot
- Work with our members to understand and meet their requirements, building long term relationships and ensuring client satisfaction
- Assist in the marketing of Guaranteed Irish events to maximise attendance and ROI
- Attend ad-hoc Guaranteed Irish and industry events, sharing content on social media
- Attending networking events as and when required, utilising strong interpersonal skills to network with business professionals at all levels
- Liaise with external partners such as PR agencies, digital agencies and events companies
- Manage annual budgets for events and conduct strategic review of events on an ongoing basis
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by Management
Required skills and experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience in event management + 1-2 years’ experience in membership retention
- Degree educated in event management/marketing/PR
- CRM/ database management experience across Hubspot/Zoho, Event brite and Google docs
- Fast learner with strong attention to detail, robust IT skills and confident in dealing with people
- Ability to network successfully with business leaders and key influencers
- Commitment to building strong business relationships with clients, focused on exceeding client expectations
- Strong organisational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Dependable with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude. Time keeping is imperative.
- Comfortable operating to multiple deadlines and handling many projects at once
- Ambition and an ability to work on own initiative to see tasks through to completion
- A good focus on effective cost control for budgets
- Must have ability to confidently represent the company at events and carry out event set up/break downs
- Must have full, clean driver’s licence, and own transport is desirable
- Native English with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of and interest in current affairs and the business landscape in Ireland
- Experience working with email marketing software (MailChimp), a CMS system (Hubspot/Zoho) and Eventbrite. You must be a self starter and able to work off own initiative.
- Salary commensurate with experience and attitude to work hard and smart
- Laptop and phone provided
- Expenses covered
- 22 days annual leave
- Continuous professional development
- Opportunity to network with Irish business leaders
- 6 monthly reviews with performance related rewards
Location: Dublin 2 and remote blended. Opportunity to travel within Ireland from time to time.
Duration: One year contract, 9.30am-5pm, some flexibility for events required
Start date: Immediate
*Please submit your tailored CV and cover letter to email@example.com before the deadline of Friday 10th September at 5pm.
All applications are held in strict confidence. Guaranteed Irish is an equal opportunities employer.
Application deadline: 31/8/2021