We are no longer accepting applications for this position at this time.
Would you like to work for a national consumer brand backed by 700+ leading businesses in Ireland? We’re looking for a PR & Policy Intern, to join our team. You’ll report to the CEO to drive PR and assist in crafting policies for the organisation on behalf of its members. This is a short term contract with a view to becoming full time for the right candidate.
Your role will be to plan, develop and execute all PR and stakeholder messaging along with crafting policy in the areas of jobs for the members Guaranteed Irish represent.
The role is full-time and is based at our HQ in Dublin 2.
- Implement the PR strategy and develop engaging content (in association with Marketing) to grow awareness and ultimately membership.
- Establish a segmented media database for regional, trade, and national print and radio for regular engagement.
- Write and land press releases to ensure media engagement across all print and digital publications and radio channels.
- Engagement with media to ensure maximum publicity opportunities for Guaranteed Irish and drive traffic to the company website.
- Attend Government and Seanad meetings to garner support.
- Consumer – B2C, Digital and via press
- Corporate – B2B, Digital and via press
- Regional – press and radio
- Trade (print and radio) – press and radio and digital
- Lobbying and Stakeholder engagement
Role: Full-time, Internship
Suited to: Someone with 1-2 years of experience with ambition to become a senior press and policy manager. Ability to work off own initiative is critical.
Required qualifications, experience and skills:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a marketing, PR, Policy, communications role, or similar position with full Microsoft office skills
- Highly competent in social media marketing (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Strong knowledge of CMS (e.g. WordPress) and SEO
- Fast learner with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable operating to multiple deadlines and handling many projects at once
- Excellent writing, copywriting and proofreading skills
- Creative, dependable, trustworthy and organised
- A strong work ethic and a positive pleasant attitude
- Native English language proficiency with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the business landscape in Ireland
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 20 days annual leave
- Dublin city centre office location
- Mobile phone provided
- Expenses covered
- Opportunity to progress quickly
- Hours: 9.30am-5pm, some flexibility required for occasional events
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter, telling us a little about why you applied for the role, before Tuesday 11th February, 5pm.
Guaranteed Irish is a not-for-profit business membership organisation representing over 600 homegrown and international companies in Ireland, across all sectors. We’ve been promoting business in Ireland since 1974. We award the Guaranteed Irish symbol to companies which create quality jobs, contribute to local communities and are committed to Irish provenance. We believe in trust, fairness and enterprise.
All applications are held in strict confidence. Guaranteed Irish is an equal opportunities employer.