Flahavans Food and Beverage
Flahavan’s has been milling oats at the family mill in Kilmacthomas, Co. Waterford for over 200 years. In 1935, the family decided to expand the mill and put in an oatflaking facility. Oatflaking produced a finer flake, which is faster to cook. By 1959, Flahavan’s completed the construction of its current mill building. The first family connection to the Flahavan’s name can be traced back to about 1785 when Thomas Dunn took over the mill. Dunn was the great-great-great-grandfather of John Flahavan who is the Managing Director of the company today. Flahavan’s is now a forefront Irish oat producer.