Glenview Natural Stone Construction & Engineering
The Glenview name is borne from the area where the current manufacturing facility exists – a mountain area west of Lough Allen and north Arigna, steeped in history with a long and varied mining history. The first coal mine opened in Arigna in 1765 being Ireland’s only coal producer at the time. With no future in coal mining, other avenues had to be explored and in 1993 Hillstreet Quarries was formed with a view to quarrying stone mainly for supply to local authorities. Glenview was created in 1998 to focus on discreet volumes to merchants in the surrounding counties. Since then the company’s extraction of golden sandstone from its vast 700-acre site has proven to be a much sought after product. Through dynamic growth, Glenview now finds itself as an industry leader exporting products into mainland Europe and contributing to a vast array of projects such as landscaping, Specialist Sands, DIY building ranges, decorative surface dressing to name but a few.